Agribusiness, Food and Beverage
The modern Australian Agribusiness, Food and Beverage sectors continue to face greater liability risks, whether from changing environmental regulations, natural effects of droughts and floods or bio-terrorism threats.
Risks such as contamination, food safety, IT system failure and pollution can destroy a long-established business if not properly identified and managed.
To meet industry challenges, Gow-Gates designs and implements risk mitigation and transfer programmes tailored for businesses specifically operating in the Agribusiness, Food and Beverage sectors.
This includes solutions services that are relevant to the unique risks of agricultural clients. Examples include:
- Transportation of livestock
- Regional and rural produce and suppliers
- Grain handling and storage
- Stowage and management of chemicals
- Storage and management of fuel (above or below ground)
- Supply chain modelling
- Workforce strategies
- Care, custody, and control issues
- Professional liability matters, including errors and omissions relating to the failure to conform to the purpose sold
- Foreign exchange, interest rate, trade, and commodities price risk
- Contractual liability exposures for storage arrangements
- Exposure to weather-related events
- Computer controlled assistance with irrigation and crop management