Plan for the life you want to live.
As retirement gets closer, it’s important to start planning so you’re financially and emotionally prepared. Planning early is the best way to ensure you’re working towards the retirement you want to live.
Gow-Gates can work with you to develop a suitable plan for your retirement, allowing you to focus on the important things in life. These needs may change over time and we are here to deliver an ongoing solution throughout your retirement when it comes to holidays, estate planning, medical expenses and aged care. We deliver tailored and flexible solutions to give you peace of mind.
Ask yourself – When do you want to retire? What do I want my retirement to look like? How much money will I need in retirement?
The average superannuation balances at the time of retirement in 2015-16 were $270,710 for men and $157,050 for women. The Association of Superannuation Funds of Australia (ASFA) calculates the total retirement savings a single person will need for a ‘comfortable’ retirement at $545,000 and for a retired couple $640,000.*
At Gow Gates, we can help you to achieve a sustainable and long-term retirement you can enjoy, this may include:
- Reviewing your assets (house, savings, and investments)
- Managing your investments
- Determining how much super you have and when you can access it
- Creating tax-effective strategies to maximise your income in retirement
- Working out your eligibility for the Age Pension and structuring your assets and income to maximise these benefits
- Calculate how much income your retirement savings will generate
- Budgeting effectively to ensure your cash flow meets your needs
* ASFA Report October 2017, ASFA Research and Resource Centre – assumed age 60 – 64.